The Centre seeks:
1. To diagnose women’s problems in Iranian society
2. To conduct research on “Women and Family”
3. To make contributions to extend and deepen science under gender considerations
4. To establish a continuous co–ordination and communication between women’s policy making centres and higher education in Iran
5. To clarify Women’s status in Iran and the changes ahead
6. To institutionalize research in different areas of women studies and to publish research results to improve the academic knowledge of the society concerning women’s issues in Iran and the rest of the world.
7. To do comparative studies of women as well as to discuss the ideas in the fields of religion, laws, family etc.
8. To take necessary measures to extend education related to women’s affairs.