CWS as an inter-disciplinary research center conducts research on women's issues and family. Faculty members of the University of Tehran as well as other academic institutes and independent researchers cooperate in the research projects.
CWS encourages active collaboration with international organizations.
There are eight main areas of research:
1) Social Participation of Women
2) Women in the labor Market
3) Gender and Development Planning
4) Comparative Gender Studies on Social Policies of Social Security System
5) Financial Market of Gender Issues
6) Gender-Specific Norms of Values
7) Criminology of Women
8) Violence against women